Dear Travis Families and Students,
On October 5, 2020 Travis ECHS will start welcoming select groups of students physically back to campus for an in-person online learning option. All students will eventually have the opportunity to return to campus over the next 4 weeks, if they desire. Every family at Travis will receive a survey when it is their time to physically return to campus which will allow them to indicate whether they plan to come to campus for online learning or remain at home for online learning. Please be sure to monitor your emails during this time and respond to the survey.
The group phase-in plan is as follows:
Group 1: October 5th - October 16th (Up to 25% capacity):
- Special Education Students
- Refugee students
- 1st and 2nd year ELL students
- 9th graders (Class of 2024)
Group 2: October 19th-October 23rd (Up to 50% capacity):
- 10th graders (Class of 2023)
- TRIO program students
- CTE Practicum students
- Group 1
Group 3: October 26th-October 30th (Up to 50% capacity):
- 11th graders (Class of 2022)
- 12th graders (Class of 2021)
- Group 1
- Group 2
For students that decide to physically return to campus from October 5th-October 30th, we will be operating under a CREW model for our in-person option.The CREWs model was developed to prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff by encouraging social distancing, requiring face masks, temperature checks, good hand hygiene protocols, reducing the number of person-to-person interactions, and allowing for contact tracing if/when required.
What does a CREW look like at Travis ECHS?
- Students will enter the building through the same assigned health screening station daily. They will have their temperature taken and have their AISD COVID-19 Screen & Go App checked or be asked a series of Covid 19 screening questions.
- After a successful screening, students will enter and exit the building through the same entrance at TECHS everyday.
- Students will remain in their CREWs classroom with the same teacher and students everyday.
- Each classroom will be equipped with hand sanitizer, gloves, masks, and desk shields. Students will be placed 6 feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- All students are required to wear masks all day (students may remove masks only while eating lunch at their desk behind a desk shield).
- No gaiters or bandannas may be worn as masks.
- Students will stay in their assigned CREW classroom throughout the day.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the campus for lunch. Students may bring their breakfast and lunch or eat the campus provided meals each day.
- Drop off lunches including parent drop off, Uber Eats, GrubHub, Favor, etc. will NOT be allowed.
- Students will bring their own water. Community water fountains are closed.
- If parents come to pick up a student, parents will be met by a staff member outside the building and your child will be sent out to you. (In order to cut down on cross contamination, and for the safety of our students and staff we are not allowing visitors inside the building.)
- All parent meetings will be held with staff virtually or over the phone.
Specific Information on COVID-19 Screening Procedures & Responses for In-Person Students:
- All students must download the Austin ISD App that includes the COVID-19 Screen & Go and complete it daily. A student must have a green check in order to be allowed entry to campus every day. If a student fails the screening at home, remain home and the school will contact you to get further details.
- Students who have a temperature of 100 or more and/or who do not pass the screening questions will need to be picked up by their parents immediately if they are on campus. These students will be quarantined away from other students and staff in a staging area until they are picked up by a parent or guardian. These students will not be allowed to ride the bus home and must be picked up.
- Any student or staff who shows COVID-19 symptoms or have close contact with family members or friends who have COVID-19 will be required to quarantine or provide a negative COVID-19 test in order to return sooner.
Christina Steele Hantgin