Austin ISD/Travis ECHS Student 1:1 Program
Every Travis Early College High School student will be assigned their own computer. Austin ISD's EVERYONE to One initiative extends that opportunity and allows students to take a computer home. The current state of the art for these computers is a laptop that converts to a tablet with a touchscreen. This is known as a “two-in-one” Chromebook. In addition, every student will receive a durable chromebook sleeve.
Austin ISD's Everyone to One Student Laptop Initiative Handbook LINK
Click buttons for English or Spanish Handbook and Consent form:
COMPUTER USE EXPECTATIONS FOR STUDENT
- Computer must come to school fully charged each morning.
- Teachers and principals determine when computers may not be used.
- The computer is an educational tool and should be used in that manner.
- Anyone using the computers will use them responsibly and respectfully.
- They will treat the computers carefully, so as not to cause damage.
- Students should avoid storing any files on the computer’s hard drive, and should instead use their
- Austin ISD Google Drive account.
- Avoid having food and drinks near your computer. Always keep your computer in the protective sleeve that comes with your computer.
- Honor the AISD security software and filters.
- Abide by the AISD Acceptable Use Policy and the Student Code of Conduct.